So January had already been and gone. In that time, we’ve managed to lose David Bowie, Alan Rickman and Sir Terry Wogan. Great start to the year eh?! Rest in Peace to these wonderful men, unfortunately taken by a horrible disease that needs to be cured once and for all.
January for me has been one for ups and downs, we’re all human and we all want to make something of ourselves. I had a few auditions but unfortunately they led nowhere. It’s tough to keep up the appearance of being fine when the acting work is non-existent. Telling people you’re an actor and then having to respond to a question of either, so what have you been in? or do you have anything in the pipeline? My responses are currently, ‘no nothing yet’ and ‘nope, nothing yet’. I’m not going to give up, however it’s great I have this little blog on the Internet and my YouTube Channel to give me a creative output, so that I don’t go completely insane…
So for a few updates on my blog, I’ve worked with five brands this month which is a great start to the year. I’ve read a couple of books so I will be well on my way to 50 books for the year. I decided at the end of each month, I’d do a monthly update and show you my updated New Years Resolution list, so here we are:
1. Update blog design.
2. Contribute 300 blog posts during 2016. 28/300
3. Start saving.
4. Watch more movies.
5. Read 50 books within the year. 2/50
6. Go to Drama School.
7. Stress less and relax more.
8. Perfect the perfect cat eye, eyeliner.
9. Gained 15 more credits for my acting resume.
10. Achieve my body goals.
11. Be more positive and confident in myself and my abilities.
12. Try a new type of food, never tried before.
13. Eat more healthily.
14. Buy lighting equipment for YouTubing.
15. Talk to distant friends and family more.
16. Go to a YouTube event.
17. Work with over 50 brands during 2016. 5/50
18. Drink less fizzy drinks.
19. Go to the gym 3 times a week.
20. Learn when to say no.
21. Traveled somewhere new.
22. Buy all Christmas presents early!
23. Get a showreel.
24. See 5 new shows in the West End. (Or shows I’ve not seen before)
25. Buy a new pair of glasses.
26. Purchase a notepad specifically for blog ideas etc. (Thanks Mummy Genders!)
27. Stop biting my nails. Full stop.
28. Help someone with a project of theirs.
29. Get new headshots. (Getting these done in February)
30. See friends outside of London.
31. Work with a big brand for my blog or YouTube.
32. Get a professional voicereel and agent.
33. Get hair cut to shoulder length.
34. Collaborate with more bloggers and youtubers.
35. Drink a two glasses of water at least, every day.
36. Bake more!
37. Do more photoshoots.
38. Be more proactive.
39. Do a Look Book for my YouTube Channel. (Have recorded it!)
40. Work for a charity.
51. Write more baking blogs.
52. Go to 10 live events during the year via Bloggers Required.
53. Buy more gym gear.
54. To have a Facebook friend clear out.
55. Do more freelance blogging.
56. Drink less crap coffee.
57. Travel to Brighton.
58. Procrastinate less.
59. Invest more time into my blogging. Treat it like a full-time job.
60. Have a go at Yoga.
61. Bring my brother down to London for the weekend.
62. Have my parents in London for the festive build up.
63. Try going veggie for a week/month.
64. Reach 100,000 by the end of the year. 28,111/100,000
65. Develop more of a skincare routine.
66. Buy better shoes.
67. Give more time to my YouTube channel.
68. Sing more and upload more singing videos.
69. Be able to do the splits again.
70. Reach 2,000 followers on Twitter.
71. I need more bags in my life.
72. Take more photos on my camera.
73. Daily vlog more.
74. Begin learning a new language.
75. Buy myself a treat every month.
76. Attend more acting workshops/classes
77. Experiment more with hairstyles.
78. Earn more money.
79. Stick by more To Do lists.
80. Get more sleep!
81. Reach 500 YouTube subscribers.
82. Go charity shopping and find something incredible.
83. Pamper myself more.
84. Do more touristy stuff in London.
85. Do ab workouts every day.
86. Reach 1,500 followers on Instagram.
87. Campaign for something I believe in.
88. Be more organised.
89. Don’t rely on my phone as much for travelling around London.
90. Purchase some new eye makeup.
91. Be spontaneous.
92. Get a retweet or tweet from a celebrity.
93. Find out from the Doctor what I’m actually intolerant to.
94. Remember important dates and phone numbers.
95. Turn my blogging hobby into a career.
96. Face a fear.
97. Embrace all the positives and negatives of my life.
98. Visit Charlie in Paris.
99. Visit the dentist more often.
100. Be happy!
I’d say I’ve started off the year quite well, are you sticking to some of your New Years Resolutions?! Let me know in the comments below!
Check out my YouTube Channel! Click here.