So this is well overdue and I’ve been so busy I’d forgotten that I hadn’t done it. So it’s mid October but I wanted to briefly touch upon the month of September, you know the one that just went racing by and now we’re even closer to Christmas?!
September was a stressful month but also one full of memories made. It’s always nice to look back on my blog at this point as I pick out some of my highlights. It also reminds me that I do actually work hard and keep myself extremely busy…
New Business Cards
Yes, I finally managed to get round to ordering some new business cards for my blog. Just look how cute they are! It took me a while to get my blog logo right but I’m now happy with the simplicity of it. I also think my font choice reflects a little of my personality. It’s not a formal font but more creative and fun.
Knock Your Tox Off!
I just can’t really complain when PR companies get in touch offering me a complimentary massages. This one was in return for a review on Sorbet Salons. I like to be as honest as I can (without offending anyone) about these sort of opportunities I’m given. The treatment was nice, not as good as Spa Wimbledon (see that blog here) but the service was great!
Kassandra’s Pop Up Shop
I met Kassandra Lauren Gordon back at a bridal event and fell in love with her jewellery, of which it is all handmade by herself. She’s a talented woman (from Stoke-on-Trent might I add, same hometown as me) and she’s secured a partnership with Notonthehighstreet.
CAMRA Beer Festival
Myself, Sam and our friend Matt experienced the delights of CAMRA’s annual Beer Festival held in London’s Olympia venue. The event was massive and held a wealth of beers and ciders, too many for us to even make a slight dent in. We had a fantastic evening, got well and truly sozzled and made two new friends. Check out the post here, it was written by my partner!
I cut my hair for charity
I’m still getting used to the alien feeling of running my hair through my hands only for it to end just above my shoulders. VERY BIZARRE. Anyway, I had my haircut if you didn’t know, for two causes. One was for my family member Kate who has cancer and the other was for the Little Princess Trust that makes and provides wigs for young girls who’ve lost their hair to cancer. Hair to most girls around that age can be a very important aspect of how they see themselves and it’s such a rewarding cause to be a part of.
And last but by no means least, it was mammy’s 50th birthday weekend up in Liverpool. After a hard week, myself and Sam went up to join Mum, the rest of the family and all of Mum’s nearest and dearest. We had such a great time with lots of food, booze and a Beatles Tribute Act! I also got the chance to see two of my best friends Antony and Hayden too which was great. Check it out here.
Now for the part of this blog post that I love the most, the bucket list of 2016’s resolutions!
1. Update blog design.
2. Contribute 300 blog posts during 2016. 233/300
3. Start saving.
4. Watch more movies.
5. Read 50 books within the year. 21/50
6. Go to Drama School.
7. Stress less and relax more.
8. Perfect the perfect cat eye, eyeliner.
9. Gained 15 more credits for my acting resume. 6/15
10. Achieve my body goals. (We’re getting there!)
11. Be more positive and confident in myself and my abilities.
12. Try a new type of food, never tried before.
13. Eat more healthily.
14. Buy lighting equipment for YouTubing.
15. Talk to distant friends and family more.
16. Go to a YouTube event.
17. Work with over 50 brands during 2016.
18. Drink less fizzy drinks.
19. Go to the gym 3 times a week.
20. Learn when to say no.
21. Travelled somewhere new.
22. Buy all Christmas presents early!
23. Get a showreel.
24. See 5 new shows in the West End.
25. Buy a new pair of glasses.
26. Purchase a notepad specifically for blog ideas etc.
27. Stop biting my nails. Full stop.
28. Help someone with a project of theirs.
29. Get new headshots.
30. See friends outside of London.
31. Work with a big brand for my blog or YouTube.
32. Get a professional voicereel and agent.
33. Get hair cut to shoulder length.
34. Collaborate with more bloggers and youtubers.
35. Drink a two glasses of water at least, every day.
36. Bake more!
37. Do more photoshoots.
38. Be more proactive.
39. Do a Look Book for my YouTube Channel. (Have recorded it!)
40. Work for a charity.
51. Write more baking blogs.
52. Go to 10 live events during the year via Bloggers Required. (9/10)
53. Buy more gym gear.
54. To have a Facebook friend clear out.
55. Do more freelance blogging.
56. Drink less crap coffee.
57. Travel to Brighton.
58. Procrastinate less.
59. Invest more time into my blogging. Treat it like a full-time job.
60. Have a go at Yoga.
61. Bring my brother down to London for the weekend.
62. Have my parents in London for the festive build up.
63. Try going veggie for a week/month.
64. Reach 100,000 views by the end of the year. (87,996/100,000)
65. Develop more of a skincare routine.
66. Buy better shoes.
67. Give more time to my YouTube channel.
68. Sing more and upload more singing videos.
69. Be able to do the splits again.
70. Reach 2,000 followers on Twitter. (616/2,000)
71. I need more bags in my life.
72. Take more photos on my camera.
73. Daily vlog more.
74. Begin learning a new language.
75. Buy myself a treat every month.
76. Attend more acting workshops/classes
77. Experiment more with hairstyles.
78. Earn more money.
79. Stick by more To Do lists.
80. Get more sleep!
81. Reach 500 YouTube subscribers. (251/500)
82. Go charity shopping and find something incredible.
83. Pamper myself more.
84. Do more touristy stuff in London.
85. Do ab workouts every day.
86. Reach 1,500 followers on Instagram. (761/1,500)
87. Campaign for something I believe in.
88. Be more organised.
89. Don’t rely on my phone as much for travelling around London.
90. Purchase some new eye makeup.
91. Be spontaneous.
92. Get a retweet or tweet from a celebrity.
93. Find out from the Doctor what I’m actually intolerant to.
94. Remember important dates and phone numbers.
95. Turn my blogging hobby into a career.
96. Face a fear.
97. Embrace all the positives and negatives of my life.
98. Visit Charlie in Paris. (She’s in NY now so will have to go there!)
99. Visit the dentist more often.
100. Be happy!
I’ve completed 39 out of 100 of my bucket list challenges! Let me know in the comments below if you’ve made a bucket list and what you’ve managed to complete this year.
Check out my YouTube Channel! Click here.