Over half way through the year of 2016 and where has the time gone?! It’s already July! This has probably been the worse year I’ve seen for a while for the human race. A lot of well known and iconic celebrities have passed away and we seem to be facing more acts of violence and terrorism day by day. But nevertheless, the human race is beautiful and we will get through this horrible mess that is 2016. Here’s a few highlights from the month…
Discovering a family member has cancer isn’t exactly a highlight but seeing such a positive and big response in such a short space of time, fills me with hope. It’s great to see that in a time where people are hurting other people, the funds raised for Katy’s treatment so far, restores my faith in humanity. If you’d like to donate to her cause and know more about her condition then please click here.
Attending the Zara Taylor Jewellery event was another highlight of the month as I thoroughly enjoyed exploring her treasure trove of wares. It was great to actually speak to Zara herself and the journey of her business was an exciting one, having lots of celebrities wear her jewellery!
I’m happy to say that I’m now attending the gym a lot more than usual, in the form of classes! I’ve been loving the Pure Gym’s Legs, Bums and Tums session and I took a Pure Pump class the other day. It’s great that these are free classes and are short bursts of intense workouts, ideal for busy people!
And finally, myself and my partner like to make light of a pretty dire situation. Sam’s appendix decided enough was enough, wanting to finalise the divorce proceedings and remove itself from Sam’s body. I took a few photos our adventure at Lewisham Hospital and fortunately Sam is now almost back to his healthy self…minus the appendix.
Let’s see how I’m doing on the good ol’ NY resolutions!
1. Update blog design.
2. Contribute 300 blog posts during 2016. 158/300 (Over half way through!)
3. Start saving.
4. Watch more movies.
5. Read 50 books within the year. 11/50
6. Go to Drama School.
7. Stress less and relax more. 8. Perfect the perfect cat eye, eyeliner.
9. Gained 15 more credits for my acting resume. 6/15
10. Achieve my body goals. (We’re getting there!)
11. Be more positive and confident in myself and my abilities.
12. Try a new type of food, never tried before. (Bollywood filming came with unusual food) 13. Eat more healthily. 14. Buy lighting equipment for YouTubing. 15. Talk to distant friends and family more.
16. Go to a YouTube event.
17. Work with over 50 brands during 2016. 44/50
18. Drink less fizzy drinks.
19. Go to the gym 3 times a week. 20. Learn when to say no. 21. Traveled somewhere new.
22. Buy all Christmas presents early!
23. Get a showreel.
24. See 5 new shows in the West End.
25. Buy a new pair of glasses.
26. Purchase a notepad specifically for blog ideas etc.
27. Stop biting my nails. Full stop.
28. Help someone with a project of theirs.
29. Get new headshots. 30. See friends outside of London. 31. Work with a big brand for my blog or YouTube.
32. Get a professional voicereel
33. Get hair cut to shoulder length.
34. Collaborate with more bloggers and youtubers.
35. Drink a two glasses of water at least, every day.
36. Bake more!
37. Do more photoshoots.
38. Be more proactive.
39. Do a Look Book for my YouTube Channel. (Have recorded it!)
40. Work for a charity.
51. Write more baking blogs.
52. Go to 10 live events during the year via Bloggers Required. (6/10)
53. Buy more gym gear.
54. To have a Facebook friend clear out.
55. Do more freelance blogging.
56. Drink less crap coffee.
57. Travel to Brighton.
58. Procrastinate less.
59. Invest more time into my blogging. Treat it like a full-time job.
60. Have a go at Yoga.
61. Bring my brother down to London for the weekend.
62. Have my parents in London for the festive build up.
63. Try going veggie for a week/month.
64. Reach 100,000 by the end of the year. (64,337/100,000)
65. Develop more of a skincare routine.
66. Buy better shoes.
67. Give more time to my YouTube channel.
68. Sing more and upload more singing videos.
69. Be able to do the splits again.
70. Reach 2,000 followers on Twitter. (576/2,000)
71. I need more bags in my life.
72. Take more photos on my camera.
73. Daily vlog more.
74. Begin learning a new language.
75. Buy myself a treat every month.
76. Attend more acting workshops/classes
77. Experiment more with hairstyles.
78. Earn more money.
79. Stick by more To Do lists.
80. Get more sleep!
81. Reach 500 YouTube subscribers. (249/500)
82. Go charity shopping and find something incredible.
83. Pamper myself more.
84. Do more touristy stuff in London.
85. Do ab workouts every day.
86. Reach 1,500 followers on Instagram. (696/2,000)
87. Campaign for something I believe in.
88. Be more organised. 89. Don’t rely on my phone as much for travelling around London. 90. Purchase some new eye makeup.
91. Be spontaneous.
92. Get a retweet or tweet from a celebrity. (Jacqueline Wilson!!!)
93. Find out from the Doctor what I’m actually intolerant to.
94. Remember important dates and phone numbers.
95. Turn my blogging hobby into a career.
96. Face a fear.
97. Embrace all the positives and negatives of my life.
98. Visit Charlie in Paris.
99. Visit the dentist more often.
100. Be happy!
So far, out of 100, I’ve completed 28 of them. That’s pretty good going! Have you seen your New Year’s Resolutions through yet? Let me know in the comments below.
Check out my YouTube Channel! Click here.