The other weekend, I was home alone. And at 3am on a Sunday morning, I thought it would be a good idea to test out a new curling method I’d seen online. Now I wouldn’t normally be awake at 3am but as I was on my own, I had trouble sleeping. I know right, I’m such a love sick puppy it’s embarrassing.
But 3am is inspiration o’clock and if you haven’t seen this latest beauty hack in action then just follow the steps below for instant curls that will have Jennifer Beals from Flashdance green with envy.
For this hack you’ll need three things; a pencil, some straighteners and hairspray.
1. Separate your hair and section off a small part. I’ve found starting from the bottom is the easiest way.
2. Take the pencil and wrap a small piece of hair around a pencil. For tighter curls use less hair and wrap it around leaving less space between the hair. For slightly bigger curls do the opposite.
3. Clamp your hair down with the straighteners and press it against the hair up and down the pencil. Release and watch the curls appear! After you’ve curled the first section, leave the hair to naturally hold the curls and then lightly spray some hairspray over them. Once you’ve done this, I’d recommend tying all these curls in a small bun. This avoids over spraying when you work your way up the sections.
4. Once you’ve curled the rest of the sections, untie the rest of the curls and repeat the sectioning off of parts. Starting from the bottom, use a brush to comb through the tight curls and your hair volume will suddenly triple in size.
5. Style your hair accordingly using whatever hair accessories you feel suit.
I love this technique but I definitely need to work on getting it done quicker. It did take me a looooooooooong time but I think it was because it was the first time and I was in no way going anywhere so I thought I’d take my sweet time.
What do you think of this beauty hack? Will you try it? Let me know in the comments below.
Check out my YouTube Channel! Click here.