Hangovers. They only get worse as we age and unfortunately as much as I didn’t want to believe my parents when they told me that, I’m starting to believe them. No longer can I sleep in till the afternoon like I did at university to get over a hangover. Nope, now I have to put on a brave face and go to work and do household chores that make me literally WANT TO DIE.
So as I lay in bed on a Monday morning after a two day drinking session, I thought to myself ‘hey Natalie, how about you spread some pointless and perhaps not so valid knowledge about getting over a hangover‘. And just like that, a post was born. Here’s 20 things to do when you’re hungover…
– Have a hot bath and sweat it out.
– Order a takeout.
– If you’ve drank during a work day, take regular breaks to hydrate and eat. Get some fresh air during your lunch break.
– Place a cold compress against the inside of your wrists. It’s a quick cooling spot and works for me when I’ve got the hangover sweats.
– Eat all of the junk food.
– Aim to drink 2ltrs of water.
– Lie in a dark room with either a fan on or a wet flannel on your fo’head.
– Go the gym and sweat it out.
– Try hair of the dog (i.e have another drink).
– Take painkillers every few hours as recommended to help rid yourself of the headache.
– Stay where you are – travelling definitely makes you feel worse.
– Sleep for as long as you can.
– Get caffeine and sugar in you.
– Wear sunglasses if you become sensitive to light.
– If you need to be sick, be sick. Don’t mentally distract yourself from wanting to puke.
-Firmly grip your temples and on the very top of your head with one hand. Squeeze gently.
– Take a break from any electronics. It will only make you feel worse.
– Eat spicy food. Sweat it out internally!
– Have a partner? Turn them into your slave by making them wait on you. Trust me, it’s the best.
– Don’t deny yourself a hangover poop. They are the best types of poops.
What are your remedies for when you’re hungover? Let me know in the comments below.