– COLLABORATIVE CONTENT –
You’ve got the swimsuit. You’ve got a car-load of your besties. You’ve even called shotgun. Now, how do you make sure you pull off comfortable yet fashionable when heading off to the beach? With our top tips, of course!
You want to be fashionable at the beach, yet comfortable enough to lounge around, and that means putting some serious thought into choosing an ideal beach wear for women.Wrap dresses, lightweight maxi dresses, sundresses, shirtdresses and shift dresses are all comfortable yet fashionable. They’re also great for covering up your swimwear. You might even have a few of these dresses in your wardrobe already. Just pick stylish ones that offer a breezy and lightweight feel that are also beach-friendly.
You already know that accessories can make or break your outfit, and that includes your beach fashion choices. Before you go out and buy all new bits, consider the basics you already have, like chic sunglasses, a floppy or wide-brimmed hat, chunky bangles, and even a tote beach bag. Since your bag is for all your beach essentials, you can even jazz it up to match your swimsuits or lounge around outfits. Don’t forget to choose comfortable yet chic footwear that you don’t mind getting wet or sandy, like chic flip flops, thong sandals or espadrilles.
If you’re more a bottoms kind of girl, just know that no matter how dressy your pants are, they’re going to get wet and then they’re going to look sloppy. So rather choose short shorts, tasselled denim shorts, cut-off shorts or lightweight shorts. If you want to add something on top, pick a button-down shirt for a chic yet laid-back feel. If your shirt is lightweight and sheer already such as chiffon or lace, you could even tuck it into your shorts to keep things polished and sleek. So, how do you put these items together for the ultimate beach look? Here are a few ideas.
- Bikini top, high-waisted shorts, straw bag and visor.
- A classic straw hat can’t be beaten, but the visor look is really in, and it feels rather sporty. You can create a fully fashionable look with high-waisted shorts and a matching stray circle bag.
- Denim skirt with a one-piece swimsuit.
- Make things so much easier by pairing a one-piece that can also feature as a top if you plan on leaving the beach for a restaurant meal. Plus, you can never go wrong with a denim skirt.
- Bikini bottoms, button-down and a scarf.
- A classic button-down wins every time, especially if you want to get changed easily. It’s elegant and simple and you can spice things up with your accessories.
- Bikini top, kimono, trousers and slides.
- A lightweight kimono is the perfect beach coverup if you’re wearing a show-off bikini. It gives elegant coverage and paired with easy slide-on sandals and slouchy trousers you’re sure to be the most fashionable person on the sand.
- Embellished bag and a maxi dress.
It really doesn’t get any easier than a flowing maxi dress. It’s sophisticated and breathable, and it can be perfectly matched with a cute beaded bag to make it more dressy.
Use these tips to pull off comfy and fashionable the next time you head to the beach. What beachwear do you love wearing? Let me know in the comments below.
*Disclaimer – This is a collaborative post. This post has been part pre-written.