Oh dear lord, another month gone means we’re that much closer to Christmas and I’m actually looking forward to getting creative in the festive department. I’ve got the beginnings of a plan for Christmas blogs and I’m sure you will love them all! But for now, August was beautiful in all it’s summery gorgeous(ness). As per usual, it does fly by and that includes the holiday that myself and Sam took with Sam’s family. The villa was stunning, the food was tasty and the weather was just heaven on earth. So if you’ve been unable to catch up with what I’ve been doing this month, here’s a view highlights.
I announced back in August that I was chopping my hair off for two really important causes. The date of my chop is getting very close now and I’ve had a couple of mini panics at the thought of losing a lot of hair. However, hair grows back and I’m thinking I will have a new found freedom with a shorter hair style. The two important causes are near and dear to my heart. The first is where the hair will be donated which is The Little Princess Trust. The Little Princess Trust makes wigs for young girls who have lost their hair to cancer. It’s a great charity and the thought of boosting the confidence of a young girl would be incredible. The second cause is where the money raised is going to. One of my close family member’s Katie, has breast cancer and she’s currently trying to raise the funds to pay for treatment over in Germany. She’s already raised an impressive £40,000 but she needs on-going funds to keep her treatment up so an extra £500 (which is my target) will help towards this. Find out more about her story here.
I’m certainly well on my way to reaching my target of reading 50 books for this year. Since I do so much commuting to and from work, I’m finding that I finish my books a lot quicker than I used to because I spend a good hour and a half reading per day!
Bom Dia Brazillian Fitness Party was one of the highlights of this month, even if I were just a little hungover. I loved discovering my love of Brazilian inspired fitness and a new company called Grain & Bowl, founded by a lovely woman who has created her own branded granola and it tasted so good I had to buy a pack myself. Her website (at the time of writing this blog) is under construction, so keep your eyes peeled. Meanwhile, she does have an Instagram profile here.
I’ve been getting all the compliments and queries from family members and friends about the colour lipstick I’ve been wearing recently. NYX is an American brand that’s popped itself over to our local Boots stores. Although it’s not in every store, so you’ll have to search for your nearest on the Boots website. The colours are gorgeous and my favourite has to be Soft spoken which is a velvety pink nude and creates a perfect matte effect on the lips. You can pick up these beauties for just £6.99 each and the blog post I did is here.
It was lovely to celebrate a weekend away with Sam’s family to Stiffkey for Mike’s 60th birthday. We spent the weekend exploring new places, getting our feet soaked in mud and visiting a herd of seals! Check out the blog post here.
Holidaying in Spain is always going to be a walk in the park. Beautiful landscapes, gorgeous weather and it’s sort of like a home away from home but with sun. I also took a break from blogging for the week even though I’d planned to pre-schedule a week’s worth of blogs whilst I was away. Instead I decided not to stress out about making sure blogs went up during that week in Spain and took a well earned rest.
I’ve definitely been up to A LOT since we last did an update. Let’s have a look at that cheeky bucket list.
1. Update blog design.
2. Contribute 300 blog posts during 2016. 207/300
3. Start saving. 4. Watch more movies. 5. Read 50 books within the year. 20/50
6. Go to Drama School.
7. Stress less and relax more. 8. Perfect the perfect cat eye, eyeliner.
9. Gained 15 more credits for my acting resume. 6/15
10. Achieve my body goals. (We’re getting there!)
11. Be more positive and confident in myself and my abilities. 12. Try a new type of food, never tried before. 13. Eat more healthily. 14. Buy lighting equipment for YouTubing. 15. Talk to distant friends and family more.
16. Go to a YouTube event.
17. Work with over 50 brands during 2016.
18. Drink less fizzy drinks.
19. Go to the gym 3 times a week. 20. Learn when to say no. 21. Travelled somewhere new.
22. Buy all Christmas presents early!
23. Get a showreel.
24. See 5 new shows in the West End.
25. Buy a new pair of glasses.
26. Purchase a notepad specifically for blog ideas etc.
27. Stop biting my nails. Full stop.
28. Help someone with a project of theirs.
29. Get new headshots. 30. See friends outside of London. 31. Work with a big brand for my blog or YouTube.
32. Get a professional voicereel
33. Get hair cut to shoulder length. (This is happening soon!)
34. Collaborate with more bloggers and youtubers. 35. Drink a two glasses of water at least, every day.
36. Bake more!
37. Do more photoshoots. 38. Be more proactive.
39. Do a Look Book for my YouTube Channel. (Have recorded it!)
40. Work for a charity.
51. Write more baking blogs.
52. Go to 10 live events during the year via Bloggers Required. (8/10)
53. Buy more gym gear.
54. To have a Facebook friend clear out.
55. Do more freelance blogging.
56. Drink less crap coffee.
57. Travel to Brighton.
58. Procrastinate less.
59. Invest more time into my blogging. Treat it like a full-time job. 60. Have a go at Yoga.
61. Bring my brother down to London for the weekend.
62. Have my parents in London for the festive build up.
63. Try going veggie for a week/month.
64. Reach 100,000 views by the end of the year. (78,981/100,000)
65. Develop more of a skincare routine.
66. Buy better shoes. 67. Give more time to my YouTube channel.
68. Sing more and upload more singing videos.
69. Be able to do the splits again.
70. Reach 2,000 followers on Twitter. (607/2,000)
71. I need more bags in my life.
72. Take more photos on my camera.
73. Daily vlog more.
74. Begin learning a new language.
75. Buy myself a treat every month.
76. Attend more acting workshops/classes
77. Experiment more with hairstyles. 78. Earn more money.
79. Stick by more To Do lists.
80. Get more sleep!
81. Reach 500 YouTube subscribers. (251/500)
82. Go charity shopping and find something incredible.
83. Pamper myself more.
84. Do more touristy stuff in London.
85. Do ab workouts every day.
86. Reach 1,500 followers on Instagram. (749/1,500)
87. Campaign for something I believe in.
88. Be more organised. 89. Don’t rely on my phone as much for travelling around London. 90. Purchase some new eye makeup.
91. Be spontaneous.
92. Get a retweet or tweet from a celebrity.
93. Find out from the Doctor what I’m actually intolerant to.
94. Remember important dates and phone numbers.
95. Turn my blogging hobby into a career.
96. Face a fear.
97. Embrace all the positives and negatives of my life.
98. Visit Charlie in Paris. (She’s in NY now so will have to go there!)
99. Visit the dentist more often.
100. Be happy!
I’ve completed 38 out of 100 of my bucket list challenges! Let me know in the comments below if you’ve made a bucket list and what you’ve managed to complete this year.
Check out my YouTube Channel! Click here.